John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances in relation to the information we collect about you and other users.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances
- 39 Mitchell Street, Clonmel Co. Tipperary
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
WHO ARE WE?
John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances, 39 Mitchel St, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary was formed in 1978 by John O’Sullivan LLB QFA RPA. Our aim is to provide our customers with a professional and personal service at all times.
We provide insurance in the following areas:
- Car Insurance
- House Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Van Insurance
- Farm Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pensions and Retirement Planning
- Property Insurance
- Personal Accident
- Public Liability
- Employers Liability
We are a long standing member of Brokers Ireland and Life Insurance Association and Brokerline Direct. We are regulated by The Central Bank of Ireland.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Donna O’Sullivan
- 052 6121644
PURPOSE FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
Why do John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with Insurance and/or Financial services we need to collect personal data for Insurance and/or financial service. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes John A .O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances would contact you for additional consent.
How will John A.O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances use the personal data it collects about me?
John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
Our reason and purpose for processing your personal data is:
- We have your consent
- We collect Personal Information from you when you obtain a quotation or apply online for one of the products which we offer.
- We use your Personal Information to generate quotations for the products which we offer.
- We use your Personal Information to prepare applications and proposals for the products which we offer.
- We record visits to our website and use browser cookies in order to monitor your progress through our site although we do not store your personal data in browser cookies.
- If you give us your credit card details then we will process payments using SSL security but we will not keep a record of your card details on our servers.
- We use your Personal Information to send you offers for products, assuming you have given us your permission to do so.
- We need to process your data to complete the performance of a contract where you, the data subject is a party John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances processes data without consent in order to fulfil contractual obligations [such as bank details to process salaries, postal address in order to supply products and services, etc.].
- When there is a legal obligation that needs to be met
- To protect the vital interests of the data subject, including the protection of rights and freedoms
- For processing reasons that are in the public interest
- When necessary for the legitimate interests of the data controller or third party, unless the processing is overridden by the vital interests, including rights and freedoms
- When it is a requirement of national law.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure the below
- we will obtain your explicit consent
- ensure the personal data is necessary for employment rights or obligations;
- protect the vital interests of the data subject, including the protection of rights and freedoms;
- necessary for the legitimate activities with appropriate safeguards;
- personal data made public by the data subject;
- legal claims;
- substantial public interest;
- preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, provision of health or social care treatment, or management of health and social care systems and services, under the basis that appropriate contracts with health professionals and safeguards are in place;
- public health, ensuring appropriate safeguards are in place for the protection of rights and freedoms of the data subject, or professional secrecy;
- national laws in terms of processing genetic, biometric or health data.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with the correct regulatory procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights:
We at John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances facilitate the data subject’s rights in line with the data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WE ARE PROVIDING YOU WITH TO ENSURE WE ARE TRANSPARENT AND FAIR WITH OUR PROCESSING
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. John A.O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body (The Central Bank of Ireland, Revenue ) and our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Organisation Name (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances’ data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
If we are collecting your data for a statutory requirement (payroll) or to fulfill a contract (life policy or motor insurance policy) and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
The Data Protection Officer/GDPR Owner is responsible for ensuring that the privacy notice(s) is correct and that mechanisms exist such as having the Privacy Notice(s) on John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances website to make all data subjects aware of the contents of this notice prior John A. O’Sullivan Insurances Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Insurances commencing collection of their data.
All staff that need to collect personal data are required to follow this procedure.
Questions Regarding the Privacy Statement and Conditions of Use
If you have any questions about our Privacy Statement and Conditions of Use, or any concern about privacy at the IAPP or the use of this Site in general, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org